Face & Jaw Pain – Fort Worth, TX
Are You Experiencing TMJ Pain?
The design of the human body is both impressively complex and considerably delicate. We depend on the balance of many different moving pieces to function properly, and when imbalances occur in one area, they can have ripple effects that lead to negative consequences in other areas. That’s why face pain and jaw pain are very commonly related to the presence of TMD.
When the patient’s upper and lower jaw are misaligned and the temporomandibular joints are aggravated, the nearby muscles are misplaced and overused as a result. This causes tenderness and outright discomfort that can reach debilitating levels, making simple actions like chewing, speaking, and even smiling difficult.
Several specific symptoms arise in these areas that point towards the presence of TMJ disorder, including:
- Habitual teeth grinding (also known as bruxism) can cause damaged dental structure and an improper bite over time.
- Constant jaw popping or clicking that’s painful in nature (usually occurring when the mouth is opened or closed) often occurs as a result of TMJ disorder.
- TMD patients may also experience unexplained sensitivity in their teeth.
Why Choose Us for Face and Jaw Pain Treatment?
- Doctor with more than 30 years of experience
- Custom-made treatments for every patient
- Able to stop unconscious teeth grinding (bruxism)
Can I find relief from my face and jaw pain?
At Fort Worth Snoring & Sleep Center, patients can experience the support, the experience, and the skilled attention they need most when struggling with significant jaw pain and face pain. Our team will provide diagnostic care and treatment options that are designed to alleviate TMD and help patients get back to living their life to the fullest as soon as possible.
You don’t have to settle for daily discomfort and frustration – instead, we want to help you look forward to each new day! If teeth grinding, jaw popping, or any of the other aforementioned symptoms are a constant, disruptive presence in your life, contact us today to schedule an appointment.